Saturday, May 30, 2009

2 sketches 4 you, the second time

I love the 2 sketches 4 you challenges, the girls entering the challenge are so gifted. I often go and have a look at their results.
I only entered the challenge myself once. I didn't like my card that much. I found that by trying to meet the conditions the card has to answer to I somehow lost my own style in the proces.

But I wanted to enter the challenge again so badly that this time I gave it another go telling myself that I should keep my own style in mind.
This is what I made of Kazan's sketch 27


I just like my cards to look old and shabby and I wasn't going to be satisfied until my own style just jumped right off the card.

This time I am more satisfied than last time.

I am very curious what you think about it.

5 comments:

Martha said...

Ik vind het een prachtige kaart en je hebt echt je eigen stijl behouden hoor!!
Moet mijn stijl nog vinden trouwens ;)
Groetjes en fijn weekend.
Martha

Nicoletta said...

Ciao!! sono stata via e in questo periodo vedo che hai fatto delle cards stupende! bellissime tutte davvero!
A presto:-9

Unknown said...

your style is gorgeous AND I love how you used the sketch but still made it your own. That is what this blog is all about. I hope you enjoyed the process as much as we enjoy your card and that you will b be back again.
:) Kazan
PS Thanks for figuring out the time difference - I am sure you have helped others out too.

Ilonka said...

Hallo ook ik heb even op je blog gekeken. En wat een leuke kaarten zie ik. Dit kaartje is erg mooi.Met leuke details. Mijn kaartje is een opstaand kaartje.
Ik heb me bij je aangemeld als volgster.


Groetjes en een fijne dag Ilonka

papertrails leaver said...

I like the pinks and reds on your card. Good for you keeping it about your style@